Conference Grants are aimed at supporting researchers from participating Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) to attend high profile international science and technology related events not specifically organised by the Action. For Early Career Investigators and PhD Students.
– To support Early Career Investigators (ECIs, up to 8 years from the date the PhD was obtained) and PhD students from participating ITC to attend international science and technology-related conferences on the topic of the Action that are not organised by the Action.
– Attendance at European conferences is preferred.
PhD students, PhD candidates and ECI’s with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC participating in the Action.
|Bosnia and Herzegovina [BA]||28/12/2018||Confirmed||YES|
|North Macedonia [MK]||30/01/2019||Confirmed||YES|
|United Kingdom [UK]||05/12/2018||Confirmed||NO|
The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST.
Evaluation of the application and selection of the Grantee:
– Evaluated by ITC Conference Committee;
– Criteria: refer to open call.
A Conference Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application by the delegated person(s). Conference Grants do not necessarily cover all the expenses related to participating in a given conference. A Conference Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee.
The calculation of the financial contribution for each Conference Grant respect the following criteria:
- Up to a maximum of EUR 2 500 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant;
- Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses;
- Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee.
In addition, when meal and accommodation expenses are supported by the hosting institution as part of the provisions offered in their conference package, the amount for subsistence afforded to each eligible participant must be deducted from the Grant.
There are currently no open calls.